Shebooks.net is launching in late fall– with 30 titles of great short e-books by women. We have lined up an amazing list of writers giving us original work, including:
- Suzanne Braun Levine, founder of Ms. Magazine and first woman editor of the Columbia Journalism Review;
- Barbara Graham, essayist, playwright, and author whose work has appeared in Time, O, The Oprah Magazine, Glamour, and Vogue;
- Marion Winik, author of Highs in the Low Fifties: How I Stumbled Through the Joys of Single Living and a professor in the MFA program at the University of Baltimore;
- Jennifer Boylan, New York Times-bestselling author of She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders and currently professor of creative writing and American literature at Colby College;
- Suzanne Paola, a poet whose best-selling work is Body Toxic, a New York Times notable book and winner of a Pushcart Prize;
- Susanna Sonnenberg, whose new memoir, She Matters: A Life in Friendships, was published in January 2013;
- Jennifer Haupt, co-author of I’ll Stand by You: One Woman’s Mission to Heal the Children of the World, the memoir of Elissa Montanti, founder of Global Medical Relief Fund for Children;
- Jane Juska, author of A Round-Heeled Woman: My Late-Life Adventures in Sex and Romance, which documented her sex life when she was 67 years old;
- Jeannie Ralston, contributor toLife, Time, National Geographic and The New York Times and author of The Unlikely Lavender Queen: A Memoir of Unexpected Blossoming;
- Caroline Paul, a former firefighter whose second memoir, East Wind, Rain, is currently being developed into a feature film;
- Constance Hale, author and critic best known for her language books Sin and Syntax and Wired Style;
- Beth Kephart, a National Book Award finalist for A Slant of the Sun: One Child’s Courage;
- Teresa Wiltz, deputy editor of Essence magazinewho has worked at The Washington Post and The Chicago Tribune;
- Lucy Bledsoe, a novelist and science writer and four-time Lambda Literary Award finalist;
- Ariel Gore, founding editor and publisher of Hip Mama, an Alternative Press Award-winning publication;
- Hope Edelman, author of the international bestseller Motherless Daughters and recipient of a New York Times Notable Book of the Year designation and Pushcart Prize for creative nonfiction; and
- Meredith Maran, author of 10 nonfiction books and a novel, several of which have been San Francisco Chronicle best-sellers.
In addition, we’re launching with a Mother’s Day memoir contest with Good Housekeeping magazine.
Our e-books will be available as singles or by subscription at shebooks.net. We are rounding up investors and grateful to be the recipients of seed money from the J-Lab’s New Media Women Entrepreneurs program. Follow us @shebookish on Twitter or on Facebook.